- 2015 – present. ARC Future Fellow, Department of Biological Sciences, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
- 2012-2014. ARC Fellow (DECRA), Research School of Biology, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
- 2009-2011. ARC Fellow (APD), Research School of Biology, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
- 2006-2008. Postdoctoral Fellow, ARC Centre of Excellence in Vision Science, Research School of Biological Sciences, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
- 2007. Ph.D. Biological Sciences, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
- 2002. M.Sc. Environmental Remote Sensing & Cartography, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, India
- 2000. B.Sc., St Joseph’s College of Arts & Science, Bangalore, India
- 2015. Four-year Discovery Project grant, The Australian Research Council (with Ken Cheng, Jochen Zeil, Andrew Barron, Rüdiger Wehner).
- 2015. Four-year Future Fellowship, The Australian Research Council
- 2013. Two-year research grant from GO8 Australia-Germany Joint Research Co-operation Scheme (with Jochen Zeil, Wolfgang Rössler).
- 2012. Three-year Discovery Early Career Researcher Award, The Australian Research Council
- 2011. Vice Chancellor’s Staff Travel Grant, The Australian National University
- 2010. Three-year research grant from The Hermon Slade Foundation (with Jochen Zeil)
- 2009. Three-year Discovery Project grant and Australian Postdoctoral Fellowship, Australian Research Council
- 2005. Postgraduate Research Grant, Macquarie University, Sydney
- 2003. International Macquarie University Scholarship, Macquarie University, Sydney
- 2010. Winner of the Science Up Close Photography, ABC Science, Australia
- 2008. Young Tall Poppy Science Award, Australia
- 2006. Photograph selected for display at the Up Close and Spineless exhibition at the Australian Museum, Sydney
- 2002. Award for highest marks in M.Sc. Environmental Remote Sensing and Cartography, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
- 2000. Lija Jocob Award, for highest marks in B.Sc. Environmental Sciences, St Joseph’s College of Arts and Science, Bangalore
- 2004. Student talk award at the Australasian Society for the Study of Animal Behaviour, Adelaide
ABC SE NSW [Oct-13-2010]; 2CC Canberra [Oct-6-2010]; WIN News [Jul-17-2009]; ABC NW QLD [Jul-16-2009]; ABC 891 [Jul-15-2009]; ABC Sunshine coast [Jul-15-2009]; ABC 666 [Jul-15-2009]; ABC SA [Jul-14-2009]; 2UE Sydney [Jul-14-2009]; ABC Western QLD [Jul-14-2009]; ABC 774 [Jul-14-2009]; ABC 936 [Jul-14-2009]; Radio city [Bangalore].
- 2014. Future fellowship [ARC, ANU]
- 2010. Ants develop night sight, by Brian Williams, Courier Mail. [Oct-12].
- 2010. Bull ants have the right eye for the job, by Abbie Thomas, ABC Science. [Oct-6].
- 2010. Jack be nimble: see tiny navigators jump to it, The Canberra Times. [Feb-19].
- 2010. Researcher’s plans to make ants popular, by Katina Curtis, The Chronicle, Canberra. [Feb-16]
- 2010. Ants party at twilight time, by Brian Williams, Courier Mail [Feb-6].
- 2010. Clock for bull ants, by Nicky Phillips, Sydney Morning Herald [Feb-4].
- 2010. Twilight zone secrets revealed, by Anna Saleh, ABC Science [Feb-3].
- 2010. Twilight zone a boom time for bull ants, by Martyn Pearce, ANU News [Feb-3].
- 2009. Feelers out in ant vision studies, by Jill Botham. The Australian [July-1].
- 2009. Ant affair: by Christina Apps in ANU Reporter (winter edition)
- 2008. Bangalore ecologists on a trail of Indian ants. India Today. Dec-12
- 2008. Bug eyes boost young researcher to prize. ANU News. Oct-24. [link]
- 2008. Book review: by Dinesh Rao in International Society of Behavioral Ecology Newsletter 20 (1). [pdf]
- 2008. Book review: by John Fellowes in Myrmecological News 11: 37-38. [pdf]
- 2008. Book review: by Hans Peter Katzmann & Martin Pfeiffer at http://antbase.net. Apr-15.
- 2008. Ants up close. Frontline. Jan-19. [link]
- 2007. Highlighted as the Emerging Talent. The Week. Aug-25.
- 2007. The world of ants. The Hindu. May-01.
- 2007. Victory on a trail of ants. Kungumum. Mar-01.
- 2006. Book on Indian ants to be released today. The Hindu. Nov-13.
- 2006. Book review: by Bittu Sahgal in Sanctuary Asia. Dec. [link]
- 2006. Ant thereby hangs a tale. The Hindu. Dec-09.
- 2006. Meticulous Effort. The Hindu. Dec-04.
- 2006. On ant trail? Good news in store. Times of India. Nov-13.
- 2006. IISc research team detect new species of ants in Bangalore. The Hindu. Sep-26.
- 2005. No mere Ant’ics these. Deccan Herald. Oct-30.
- 2005. He just loves their antics. The Hindu Metro Plus. Sep-28.
- 2005. Two youths on the ant trail. Times of India. Sep-25.
- 2004. A day out with ants, in WWF Newsletter 12: 5-6. [invited contribution – popular science article]